Squeeze – release – curl – peel – wiggle – blow …
Face yoga is a gentle mindful stretch for your face! In essence, face yoga takes the principles of exercise and puts it to work on the facial muscles. By stretching and relaxing the muscles of your face, you can improve circulation in the facial muscles beneath the skin. Face yoga acts as a natural toner, resulting in a more youthful and radiant complexion. It’s a “regular” at our Seniors Yoga Classes – so why not give it a try?
Yes, Face Yoga is a real thing – and it works.
Here’s how it works: Face yoga targets specific areas of the face, contracting the target muscle and then releasing to make it stronger and more toned. A 2018 study showed that participants looked an average of three years younger after practicing face yoga for 30-minutes a day for 20 weeks. (1)
Things to remember while practicing face yoga:
- Apply moisturizer first.
- Practice first thing in the morning to help your facial muscles wake up and to remove bloat from the face.
- Do not wrinkle or crease your face during exercises (unless otherwise directed). Use your hands to smooth out your skin as needed.
- Unless otherwise noted, breathe slowly in and out of your nose during each exercise.
- If certain areas need more attention, you can focus on those rather than the entire face.
- Stay consistent with your face yoga routine, practicing 5-7 days a week.
Do this face yoga routine 3 to 4 times through to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It can be done anywhere and the only equipment you need is yourself!
The Benefits are outstanding! 😉
- It’s less expensive than cosmetic surgery and over the counter crèmes
- And it’s better for you, too 😉
- It may slow down the ageing process
- It releases tension
- Tones facial and neck muscles while maintaining a relaxed look
- Can help eliminate double chins
- Can boost self-esteem and confidence
- And it’s fun and guarantees a laugh (there you go, tummy exercise included)