Project Peaceful Mind
Perth Metro and Regional
Held during Mental Health Week 2020, Yogazeit Ltd. will be offering FREE Mindfulness based incursions at a number of schools in Perth metro and regional areas. All schools in Perth metro and the South West are invited to apply for a free incursion.
Successful schools will be notified by September 21, 2020.
Mindfulness incursions will be held from 12 – 16 October.
The project aims to promote the benefits of Mental Health and Wellbeing through a gentle and skilled introduction to Mindfulness practices for upper Primary School and High School students: Planting the seeds of mental Health and Wellbeing through school-based Mindfulness.
Program Timing: September – October 2020
Funded by: Neami National, Yogazeit Ltd.
Supported by: Act Belong Commit, WA Health Promoting Schools Association, Think Mental Health WA
Category: Mental Health and Wellbeing, Suicide Prevention
How does it work?
- Schools (Classroom Teachers / School Administration) are invited to apply for a free Mindfulness Incursion as part of Mental Health Week 2020. The application form is an easy-to-complete form which includes all your details helping us to source a suitable Facilitator for your class.
- Mindfulness Incursions are the length of your teaching period, e.g. 45-60minutes – but can be held shorter if that suits your schedule better.
- A panel at Yogazeit Ltd. will be reviewing the applications. With thanks to funding support from Neami National and Yogazeit Ltd., seven schools will be able to receive a FREE Mindfulness incursion in Term 4. No costs or commitments to the school apply.
- Yogazeit Instructors hold a valid Working with Children Card, Insurance, Public Liability, First Aid Training, COVID-19 Safety Training and – of course – are trained in providing safe Mindfulness classes for schools.
- Schools will be notified by 21 of September 2020 if they’ve been successful.
- We don’t use any religious connotations and maintain secularism in our programs. Our Guiding Principles can be found here.
- All our programs are suitable for children and teenagers with all abilities.
Mindfulness is a specialised skill in mental awareness, attention, and acceptance that is associated with numerous health benefits. The practice of Yoga and Mindfulness allows participants to develop a deeper understanding of the mind, and a more accepting and compassionate relationship to their internal and external experiences.