YOGA & WELLBEING PROGRAMS
Fun engaging Mindful Movement
_ _Yoga & Wellbeing for seniors and the ‘young at heart’.
Taking time for yoga in your later years can bring a palpable joy and vitality to your life. Recent research confirms that the implementation of modified Yoga Programs into aged care facilities enhances resident’s quality of life through improved physical, emotional and intellectual wellbeing. But that’s not all!
WHAT WE OFFER
YOGAZEIT offers a network of qualified Yoga Teachers passionate about working with Seniors in Aged Care or Residential Living, offering Chair or Mat Yoga suitable to everyBODY.
Our programs can include:
- A weekly tailor made group or individual class, addressing common ageing ailments
- Preparation time prior to each class, to meet the goals and conditions of the participant(s)
- Travel to your location. Exercises provided for seniors to practice in between classes.
- Peace of mind that all our instructors are fully insured, Police Cleared and trained in First Aid.
AQUA YOGA – CHAIR YOGA – RESTORATIVE MAT YOGA – LAUGHTER YOGA and more
WELLBEING PROGRAM OPTIONS
- Group (60 Minute) Class (30-45min Yoga activities + Relaxation)
- Individual (60 Minute) Class
- Discounts for continuous bookings (e.g. block of 10)
All classes (chair or mat) incorporate a focus on breath, mindful movement and conclude with a guided relaxation.
YOGAZEIT welcomes the opportunity to support activities of Physiotherapy and sees Yoga and Mindfulness as a complementary benefit for residents.
Pricing starts from $100 per class, depending on the number of residents, number of sessions, duration and location. Please contact us for a customised quote.
For more information, please view our Flyer.
YOGAZEIT. Good for your body. Good for your mind. Good for you!
Since YOGAZEIT started offering Chair Yoga at Opal Aged Care I’m feeling so much better. The classes are fun and interactive and the exercises help me a lot with my posture and daily activities. Regina’s guided relaxations at the end of class are very nurturing. I can highly recommend Yogazeit!
NEW !!! SENIORS CHAIR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
This course will provide you with new skills and creative ideas to offer to the Seniors in your life. Our Chair Yoga for Seniors course will provide you with the necessary tools to guide the elderly or less-abled towards maintaining a degree of mobility through movement and to allow a sense of well-being through the yoga practice.
Having completed this course you will have the capacity to encourage a person with limited mobility to explore their potential in becoming physically, emotionally and psychologically stronger.
This workshop includes:
- Definition of Chair Yoga / Mindfulness
- Common Ageing Ailments
- Practice Class
- Suitable Yoga and Mindfulness Exercises for Seniors aged 55+
- Breathing Exercises, Chair Yoga Activities, Body-Mind Activities, Relaxation Techniques
- Incl eManual and Participation Certificate
AMAZING! I learned so much in these 5 hours! Regina is an inspiration and I can’t wait to start teaching my new chair yoga skills at Aged Care. Highly recommended!
Help Yogazeit provide Yoga & Mindfulness to Schools and Aged Care.
We are a not-for-profit organisation. Your donation is appreciated, no matter how big or small.