YOGA & WELLBEING PROGRAMS
Fun engaging Mindful Movement
Yoga & Wellbeing for seniors and the ‘young at heart’.
Taking time for yoga in your later years can bring a palpable joy and vitality to your life. Recent research confirms that the implementation of modified Yoga Programs into aged care facilities enhances resident’s quality of life through improved physical, emotional and intellectual wellbeing. But that’s not all!
WHAT WE OFFER
YOGAZEIT offers a network of qualified Yoga Teachers passionate about working with Seniors in Aged Care or Residential Living, offering Chair or Mat Yoga suitable to everyBODY.
Our programs can include:
- A weekly tailor made group or individual class, addressing common ageing ailments
- Preparation time prior to each class, to meet the goals and conditions of the participant(s)
- Travel to your location. Exercises provided for seniors to practice in between classes.
- Peace of mind that all our instructors are fully insured, Police Cleared and trained in First Aid.
AQUA YOGA – CHAIR YOGA – RESTORATIVE MAT YOGA – LAUGHTER YOGA and more
WELLBEING PROGRAM OPTIONS
- Group (60 Minute) Class (30-45min Yoga activities + Relaxation)
- Individual (60 Minute) Class
- Discounts for continuous bookings (e.g. block of 10)
All classes (chair or mat) incorporate a focus on breath, mindful movement and conclude with a guided relaxation.
YOGAZEIT welcomes the opportunity to support activities of Physiotherapy and sees Yoga and Mindfulness as a complementary benefit for residents.
Pricing starts from $110 per class, depending on the number of residents, number of sessions, duration and location. Please contact us for a customised quote.
For more information, please view our Flyer.
YOGAZEIT. Good for your body. Good for your mind. Good for you!
Since YOGAZEIT started offering Chair Yoga at Opal Aged Care I’m feeling so much better. The classes are fun and interactive and the exercises help me a lot with my posture and daily activities. Regina’s guided relaxations at the end of class are very nurturing. I can highly recommend Yogazeit!
AMAZING! I learned so much in these 5 hours! Regina is an inspiration and I can’t wait to start teaching my new chair yoga skills at Aged Care. Highly recommended!
PROJECT INTERZEN – Bringing Generations together with Mindful Movement
Yogazeit supports mental and physical Health and Wellness for the Young and Young at Heart.
Since 2017 we’re running Intergenerational Yoga and Mindfulness Programs in the Community and Aged Care.
Working in collaboration with our partners, such as Playgroup WA, Buds’n’Blooms, Act Belong Commit and Aged Care Facilities and local councils – we love bringing the joy of Mindfulness and Movement to generations.
Facilitated by a skilled and passionate Yoga Educator with a background in Children’s AND Seniors Yoga, our Team guides older adults and children through accessible “Yoga Time”.
The program usually involves:
– Breathing activities to help combat stress and anxiety as well as expand lung capacity
– Movement to support physical health, cardiovascular health, strength and endurance (Seniors are mostly based in a chair, while the children move and stretch on the floor or on mats)
– Relaxation and Mindfulness to support healthy sleep patterns and nervous system responses.
– Music! This program is fun, engaging and interactive! We make your hearts smile! Promise!
Intergenerational Mindful Movement is a wonderful tool to support older adults diagnosed with Dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s, Joint Replacements or any other ageing ailment.
Accessible – Inclusive – Fun!
Supporting mental, physical and social Health and Wellness – one Breath at a time.
Our Intergenerational Programs rely on funding and support. If you’re interested in supporting our cause or wish to run an Intergenerational Class or Program at your Aged Care or Community, please get in touch!
SENIORS CHAIR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
This short-course will provide you with new skills and creative ideas to offer to the Seniors in your life. Our Chair Yoga for Seniors course will provide you with the necessary tools to guide the elderly or less-abled towards maintaining a degree of mobility through movement and to allow a sense of well-being through the yoga practice.
Having completed this course you will have the capacity to encourage a person with limited mobility to explore their potential in becoming physically, emotionally and psychologically stronger.
This workshop includes:
- Definition of Chair Yoga / Mindfulness
- Common Ageing Ailments
- Practice Class
- Suitable Yoga and Mindfulness Exercises for Seniors aged 55+
- Breathing Exercises, Chair Yoga Activities, Body-Mind Activities, Relaxation Techniques
- Incl eManual and Participation Certificate